Late Summer, Early Fall Playing Options, Fine Foliage Featured at Explore Branson Golf Courses
Special Senior Rates and Couples Events are Currently Offered
Branson, a destination that puts on a show each fall with great golf and entertainment in the beauty of the Ozarks, has released its lineup of events and specials through October.
LedgeStone Honors Jeff Julian with ALS Research Fund-Raiser
LedgeStone Country Club, a partner of Explore Branson Golf, will host the 11th Annual Jeff Julian Golf Classic, September 9-10, one of many new playing opportunities in the rising-star destination this season.
The Julian Golf Classic is a 4-person Pro-Am featuring some of the top players from the surrounding area. Jeff Julian was a highly respected golf professional who played seven events on the 2002 PGA Tour, even after he was diagnosed with ALS. Jeff passed away in 2004 at the age of 42. Before his passing, Jeff and his wife Kim had formed the Jeff Julian ALS Foundation, which now sponsors the annual Pro-Am, giving back to ALS patients in his Ozarks-area home.
All proceeds benefit ALS research and ALS patients in the region through CoxHealth and Skaggs Community Health Center. For general information and sponsorship opportunities, please contact LedgeStone Country Club's Bill Hasler at 417-338-8187.
LedgeStone will also host the Last Chance Couples Tournament on Oct. 6-7. The event is a two-day mixed couples event, with shotgun starts at 9 a.m. on both days, and highlighted by daily prizes and contests. Entry fee includes two rounds of golf, tee gifts, plus breakfast and dinner each day at the LedgeStone clubhouse. The Last Chance Couples event is sponsored by Tanger Outlet Center in Branson, Mo.
For information on The Julian Golf Classic, call Bill Hasler at 417-338-8187. Use the same number to register for the Last Chance Couples Tournament.
Explore Branson Golf Stay-and-Play Fall Packages Now Under $100
Through ExploreBransonGolf.com and packaging partners at Discover Branson, fall stay-and play rates have just been released, offering substantial savings for those seeking great golf deals on a streamlined budget.
Packages start at only $69 per person per night for golf and room in September and October, based on double occupancy, and can be booked by clicking on the "Book Golf + Lodging" button at http://www.explorebransongolf.com/courses.
Overnight rates for room and golf in the fall include:
* Thousand Hills Stay and Play: starting at $69
* Branson Creek Stay and Play: starting at $71 (Top 50 Most Fun Courses list by Golf Digest)
* Pointe Royal Stay and Play: starting at $74
* Murder Rock Stay and Play: starting at $79
* Holiday Hills Stay and Play: starting at $81
* Payne Stewart Stay and Play: starting at $100 (Best Public Course in Mo. by Golfweek)
* LedgeStone Stay and Play: starting at $109 (Top 5 Best Courses in Mo. by Golfweek
Two-night packages with "Branson's Most Popular Golf Package" start at $149 per person per night, and offer additional benefits for more golf, shows or attractions through the Branson area. Ask for special discounts for active and retired military, including a 30% discount off of golf rounds through 2012.
Seniors are Special at Murder Rock
Murder Rock Golf Club enables senior golfers to enjoy value-laden rates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Players age 62 and older may play the acclaimed course - teeing off before 10 a.m. or between 1-3 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays - for $39 plus tax. That's a savings of more than 35%.
Likewise, seniors who tee off before 10 a.m. on Sunday, or between 1-3 pm, can play for $44 plus tax, an equally generous rate. For more information call 417.332.3259, or visit www.murderrock.com.
Pointe Royale to Hold Halloween Tournament
Branson's October weather is typically sensational for golf, so the Halloween Classic Golf Tournament at Pointe Royale Golf Village is a prime opportunity to combine outdoor golf fun amid peak fall foliage. The event will be held Oct. 27-28 and feature a 4-person Scramble format. Shotgun starts at 9 a.m. begin each day of the tournament, with a boxed lunch on Saturday and a luncheon following play on Sunday. Call 417.599.0988 or email Rae Endicott at email@example.com for more information and to register.
Other Upcoming Fall Events in Branson
Branson golfers can combine their golf vacation with a series of area events through the fall, including:
* Silver Dollar National Harvest Festival: September 13-October 27, featuring local craftsman and your favorite amusement rides
* 39th Annual Autumn Daze: September 13-15. More than 100 artisans and crafters will line the streets of historic Branson to welcome fall.
* Ironman 70.3 Series: September 23. A 1.2-mile swim at Table Rock Lake, 56-mile bike race through the Ozarks and 13.1 mile run through historic Branson gives everyone plenty of chances to cheer these athletes on as they race to the finish.
* Veteran's Homecoming Week: November 5-11. Parades, a Big Band dance, Veteran's Sporting Clays Shoot, reunions and special recognition at area golf courses, shows and attractions mark this week leading to Veteran's Day weekend.
For a complete lineup of fall activities and show times, see http://www.explorebranson.com.
News Source: Buffalo Communications
Posted September 6, 2012 || Viewed 1,953 times